CURRENT LOCATION: Campingplatz Kehl
About 80% of today was deathly dull. Why did I end up cycling the Rhine-Rhône Canal again after having cycled it north to south in 2010 and been bored just as rigid back then? I suppose it was because I ended up on the French side of the Rhine last night. Tonight’s short video is a boring one reflecting the day quite well…
Before I tell you about the more positive denouement of the day, here’s a longer video about Stein Am Rhein that I visited yesterday:
Camping de Strasbourg was, according to the surly woman on the phone, full. I checked Google again and discovered the Canpingplatz in Kehl. Wonderful! Just finished a nice evening with my fellow campers. (Only the annoying techno music from Strasbourg to worry about…)
Sunday update: the music continued until 2am. We were not happy campers this morning!
LATEST CYCLING EUROPE POSTS:
- La France À Vélo – À La Rencontre De Ses Habitants
- Le Grand Tour: Day 47 – The Aftermath Of The Storm (Draft)
- TUDOR’s Strategy Within The Pro Cycling World
- Everything You Ever* Wanted To Know About Recording And Editing A Cycle Touring Podcast (…But Were Afraid To Ask)
- The Cycling Europe Podcast: Episode 076 – Tim Sanders – The Parenzana Trail / Venice to Munich
Since 2009, CyclingEurope.org has established itself as a valued, FREE cycle touring resource. There’s now even a podcast, The Cycling Europe Podcast. If you enjoy the website and the podcast, please consider supporting the work of CyclingEurope.org with a donation. More information can be found here. Thanks if you do!
Catch up with The Cycling Europe Podcast: