The judges have met, deliberated, discussed, debated and chosen their favourite ten photographs. If you made it into the top ten, congratulations! You have won a new EuroVelo overview map that will be in the post before the end of the month. If you didn’t make the top ten, commiserations; there’s always next year…
But the competition isn’t quite over yet. It’s now the public – yes, you! – who will decide the first, second and third prize-winning photographs. Democracy in action!
The voting closes at midday (UK time) on Sunday 7th June 2020
Here are the shortlisted photographs, in alphabetical order of first names:
Hans Van Der Veeke
Scott Gilchrist / Cate Macpherson
“Walkers, cyclists, trekkers and mountaineers have trusted Cicerone for nearly fifty years to ensure they have a great time on the hill, trek, walk or ride. Our expert and passionate team of authors, editors and designers work together to produce inspirational and detailed guidebooks, ebooks and routes to the world’s best walks and treks, mountains and cycle routes. Search the site to find ideas, resources and guides for your next adventure.”Cicerone.co.uk
In addition, all 10 shortlisted photographs will win an official 2020 EuroVelo overview map courtesy of the European Cyclists Federation!
The winners from 2019 can be seen in the following post on CyclingEurope.org:
Let’s keep this simple so only a few rules:
- Send your picture(s) via email to office@CyclingEurope.org.
- The photograph must have been taken in 2019.
- The photograph must include a picture of a bike on a cycle tour.
- By sending the picture, you give CyclingEurope.org and Cicerone permission to use the image on their websites and associated social media channels.
- First prize: three Cicerone cycling guides of your choice (subject to availability).
- Second prize: two Cicerone cycling guides of your choice (subject to availability).
- Third prize: one Cicerone cycling guide of your choice (subject to availability).
- The first prize will only be awarded if a minimum of 10 competition entries are received. The second prize will only be awarded if a minimum of 20 competition entries are received. The third prize will only be awarded if a minimum of 30 competition entries are received.
- The closing date for entries is midday on Sunday 31st May 2020 (so you have plenty of time to sift through your photographs, select your 2019 masterpiece and send it in).
- The judge’s decision is final.
- The winning photographs will be announced on Saturday 6th June 2020 and published on CyclingEurope.org that day.
- Prizes will be posted to any address in the UK. Postage costs may be charged for addresses outside the UK.
- By entering the competition, you agree for your name and email address to be shared with Cicerone Press to be added to their mailing list for marketing purposes. To opt out, please let us know.
Whether it’s on a bicycle or on foot, you have come to the right place for inspiration as CyclingEurope.org is also the home of HikingEurope.org!
- Read about Andrew P. Sykes’ long-distance cycling tours of Europe
- Explore the potentials of the pan-European Eurovelo cycling routes
- Be inspired by a selection of hikes from the UK, France, Switzerland, Spain and Slovakia
- Check out the equipment you might need on or off the bike
- Browse the latest ‘adventure’ themed posts…
- …or search for your specific interest via the homepage