In recent weeks, indeed since returning from my ‘Grand Tour’ of the continent early in September, I haven’t posted much to CyclingEurope.org. But I have been busy. Busy film editing… It was always my plan to make use of the significant amount of video footage – over 3,000 clips – in a film that retold the story of the epic cycle from The Hook of Holland to The Hook of Holland via much of France, Switzerland and the Rhinelands.
Well that film is now nearing completion. It will, in fact, take the form of a short series of films that breaks down the journey into four parts;
- Part 1: The cycle from the Hook of Holland along the coasts of The Netherlands, Belgium and France to Morlaix in Brittany,
- Part 2: Morlaix to Sète in the south of France along the Vélodyssée, the Canal de la Garonne and the Canal du Midi,
- Part 3: Sète to Andermatt in the Swiss Alps along the Via Rhôna / EuroVelo 17 and
- Part 4: The final stage of the cycle along the EuroVelo 15 from Andermatt, through Switzerland, back into France, along the Rhine in Germany and across The Netherlands for a triumphant return to The Hook of Holland and my ferry home to the UK.
Each of the four parts of approximately 30 minutes each will be premiered on The Cycling Europe YouTube Channel on the following dates in December:
- Part 1: Thursday 1st December, 8pm – Set up a reminder below
- Part 2: Thursday 8th December, 8pm
- Part 3: Thursday 15th December, 8pm
- Part 4: Thursday 22nd December, 8pm
In anticipation of watching the first part of the film on December 1st, here’s a film I made earlier in the year about cycling The Way of The Roses from Morecambe to York…
…and here’s the film about cycling The Hebridean Way from 2021:
For more information about Le Grand Tour visit CyclingEurope.org/LeGrandTour.
To watch previous films from Cycling Europe, visit CyclingEurope.org/Films.
LATEST CYCLING EUROPE POSTS:
- The Final Map Of The Grand Tour: The Rhine / EuroVelo 15
- La France À Vélo – À La Rencontre De Ses Habitants
- Le Grand Tour: Day 47 – The Aftermath Of The Storm (Draft)
- TUDOR’s Strategy Within The Pro Cycling World
- Everything You Ever* Wanted To Know About Recording And Editing A Cycle Touring Podcast (…But Were Afraid To Ask)
Since 2009, CyclingEurope.org has established itself as a valued, FREE cycle touring resource. There’s now even a podcast, The Cycling Europe Podcast. If you enjoy the website and the podcast, please consider supporting the work of CyclingEurope.org with a donation. More information can be found here. Thanks if you do!
Catch up with The Cycling Europe Podcast: