In yesterday’s weekly email from Cycling Uk, there was a link to a video explaining the differences between cycle touring bikepacking. I’m certainly in the former camp but I did dip my toe into the bikepacking world a few years ago. It didn’t last long. I just found the whole thing a bit inconvenient. But each to their own. The video is worth a few minutes of your time. I suppose it’s been made in the context of many of the ‘hero’ routes that have been created by Cycling UK in recent years which tend to be more off-road than on…
More Cycling UK videos can be found on this page of their website.
Here’s another, slightly more technical, video from Alee Denham on the same subject but focusses on the bike itself:
LATEST CYCLING EUROPE POSTS:
- La France À Vélo – À La Rencontre De Ses Habitants
- Le Grand Tour: Day 47 – The Aftermath Of The Storm (Draft)
- TUDOR’s Strategy Within The Pro Cycling World
- Everything You Ever* Wanted To Know About Recording And Editing A Cycle Touring Podcast (…But Were Afraid To Ask)
- The Cycling Europe Podcast: Episode 076 – Tim Sanders – The Parenzana Trail / Venice to Munich
Since 2009, CyclingEurope.org has established itself as a valued, FREE cycle touring resource. There’s now even a podcast, The Cycling Europe Podcast. If you enjoy the website and the podcast, please consider supporting the work of CyclingEurope.org with a donation. More information here.
Catch up with The Cycling Europe Podcast: