Welcome to 2017… and what an exciting year it should be. The new book – Spain to Norway on a Bike Called Reggie – is out on May 11th and during April, May, June and beyond I’ll be up and down the country talking about the journey from Tarifa to Nordkapp which the book is all about. The list of events currently looks as follows:
- April 2017: Square Chapel Centre for the Arts, Halifax, West Yorkshire
- May 2017: Cycle Touring Festival, Clitheroe, Lancashire
- June 2017: Roll for the Soul, Bristol
- June 2017: Immrama Festival of Travel Writing, Lismore, Ireland
- Further talks in Derbyshire, Edinburgh, Stratford-upon-Avon…
One event that I’m particularly looking forward to is the Cycle Touring Festival in May. 2017 is the third time that it has run and although I wasn’t able to get over to Clitheroe in 2015, I was there in 2016 and a thoroughly enjoyable weekend it turned out to be. Tickets are now available via the festival’s website and to whet your appetite, here are a few pictures from last year. Here’s hoping that the weather in May will be just as wonderful as it was in 2016.