I’ve never been a list person; I would spend more time writing lists than actually ticking things off the list. But I feel the strange urge to write one following the comment in the previous post about having so much to do… Updated at 4.30pm
1. Finish planning the route – it was too sunny but I did buy the missing map covering Champagne and the Ardennes!
2. Have the bike serviced (it is entitled to a free one following its purchase earlier in the year) – phoned AW Cycles and they said I could drop it in anytime this week after work
3. Buy the ferry ticket – it’s the thought that counts; will wait until after pay day on Wednesday 🙂
4. Ring the camp-site in Canterbury to check reservation situation
5. Buy travel insurance – visited a few Internet sites and spoke to Barclays (“we don’t cover bikes”). Endsleigh do cover for around £35
6. Practice putting the tent up
7. Buy extra megabytes for Internet access on the phone (£2 per day for 2MB per day) – spoke to Orange who clearly haven’t read what it says on their own website… sigh… Spent a lot of time early this afternoon drooling over alternatives to the i-Phone 4, notably the Samsung Galaxy S. Need to wait a few days for it to be delivered to an Orange shop
8. Buy tracking device (?) – Spot 2? – Is it a cost too far….?
9. Sort out financial bits and pieces (bills etc…) – ongoing
10. Pack and go! – plenty of advice given below in the comments – thanks!
That doesn’t seem too much does it? What have I forgotten?