By Aldila Tania
Professional cycling, or simply pro cycling, is a form of road bicycle racing. The highest level of professional cycling is the UCI World Tour, which consists of more than 27 races in more than 21 countries. The most prestigious races are the three Grand Tours: the Giro d’Italia, the Tour de France, and the Vuelta an España.
The cycling calendar consists mainly of one-day races. The main exceptions are stage races which usually last several days, and classics in which courses vary greatly from year to year.
The UCI Pro Calendar contains all the premier one-day men’s professional road bicycle racing events. There are many other prestigious single-day races held in Europe and around the world that are not included in the Pro Calendar. Pro Cycling Calendars lists these events as well as many others.
- Feb 02 – Feb 06 2022 Volta a La Comunitat Valenciana Castelló de la Plana, Spain
- Feb 16 – Feb 20 2022 Volta ao Algarve Loule, Portugal
- Feb 20 – Feb 26 2022 UAE Tour Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Feb 26 2022 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Ghent, Flanders, Belgium
- Feb 27 2022 Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne Kuurne, Belgium
- Mar 05 2022 Strade Bianche Siena, Tuscany, Italy
- Mar 06 – Mar 13 2022 Paris-Nice Paris, France
- Mar 07 – Mar 13 2022 Tirreno-Adriatico Lido di Camaiore, Italy
- Mar 19 2022 Milano Sanremo Milan, Italy
- Mar 21 – Mar 27 2022 Volta a Catalunya Calella, Spain
- Mar 25 2022 E3 Saxo Bank Classic Harelbeke, Belgium
- Mar 27 2022 Gent-Wevelgem Ghent, Belgium
- Apr 03 2022 Tour of Flanders Antwerp, Belgium
- Apr 04 – Apr 09 2022 Tour of the Basque Country Etxebarria, Spain
- Apr 06 2022 Scheldeprijs Antwerp, Belgium
- Apr 11 – Apr 16 2022 Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey Istanbul, Turkey
- Apr 13 2022 Brabantse Pijl Overijse, Belgium
- Apr 17 2022 Amstel Gold Race Maastricht, Netherlands
- Apr 18 – Apr 22 2022 Tour of the Alps Arco, Italy
- Apr 20 2022 La Flèche Wallonne Marche-en-Famenne, Belgium 196km
- Apr 23 – Apr 30 2022 Brittany Classic-Ouest France Plouay, France
- Apr 24 2022 Liege–Bastogne–Liege Liege, Belgium
- Apr 28 2022 Tour de Romandie La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland
- Apr 30 2022 Eschborn-Frankfurt Eschborn-Frankfurt, Germany
- May 06 – May 29 2022 Giro d’Italia Palmero, Sicily, Italy
- May 18 – May 22 2022 Ruta del Sol Almonaster La Real, Spain
- May 29 – Jun 05 2022 Criterium du Dauphine Saint-Etienne, France
- Jun 12 – Jun 19 2022 Tour of Suisse Baar, Switzerland
- Jul 01 – Jul 24 2022 Tour De France Copenhagen, Denmark
- Jul 30 2022 Clásica San Sebastián San-Sebastian, Spain
- Aug 08 – Aug 14 2022 Tour of Poland Radzymin, Poland
- Aug 19 – Sep 11 2022 La Vuelta Utrecht, Netherlands
- Aug 21 2022 EuroEyes Cyclassics Hamburg Hamburg, Germany
- Aug 29 – Sep 04 2022 Benelux Tour Breda, Netherlands
- Sep 09 2022 Grand Prix Cycliste de Quebec Quebec City, Canada
- Sep 11 2022 Grand Prix Cycliste de Montreal Montreal, Canada
- Sep 14 2022 Grand Prix de Wallonie Beaufays, Belgium
- Oct 02 2022 Paris-Roubaix Compiègne, France
- Oct 08 2022 Il Lombardia Bergamo, Italy
How Popular Are Pro Cycling Events?
Pro cycling is the major cycling event and it is one of the most well-known sports events in the world. In fact, it is one of the most-watched events in sports reporting. That’s why pro cycling calendars are very popular all around the world.
Pro cycling has a broad fan following and it is indeed a sport that is not just watched but is also followed by most people.
People love watching pro cycling events because of their many attractions like speed, thrill excitement, etc. Not only this, since Pro Cycling takes place in different parts of the world with diverse cultures, hence there are lots of places to travel to enjoy these events.
The popularity of this event has also been utilized by other industries like sports betting. Betting on cycling is an event that has become more and more popular in recent days. It is also contributed by the newest form of betting technology like crypto betting which fully supports cycling betting. Crypto bookies are racing to promote cycling and pro cycling events as their major betting events.
This has also led to a lot of innovations in this sport, for example, Live Streaming.
Live streaming is increasingly becoming an important part of bringing the fans closer to their favorite sports events and pro cycling is no exception to it. It’s quite obvious that no matter how popular these pro cycling races are, if people don’t have a means or access to watch them then not only the popularity of the event remains limited but also many great opportunities for people don’t get utilized.
The popularity of Pro Cycling events is not only limited to the fans who love to watch these races live or on television. The betting industry is also booming with this sport. In fact, it can be said that the industry has found a perfect partner in pro cycling. The popularity of both events has led to a lot of innovations, for example, live streaming. This has brought the fans closer to their favorite sports events and has helped in increasing the viewership manifold.
The betting industry is expecting big things from pro cycling in the future. The industry believes that this partnership will lead to great innovations and help in taking the betting experience to a whole new level.