I am writing to advise you of the amendment to your contract of employment following your recent Cycle-Plus application…. I can confirm that this salary sacrifice has now been approved…..
This now allows me to go ahead and purchase my new bike – probably the Ridgeback Panorama. The “salary sacrifice” scheme means that I can get around 40% of the cost paid by the government by allowing my employer (Oxfordshire County Council) to purchase the bike on my behalf. I pay back the remaining 60% of the cost over a 12 month period and pay no tax or national insurance on the cost of the bike.
I now just need to wait for the letter of collection to arrive from the people who manage the scheme – Cycle-Plus – and then get booked in for a measuring session at AW Cycles. The letter signs off “Enjoy your new bike!”. Thank-you OCC.